Rules for weapons and special means shipping
Passengers scheduling shipping of their weapons by AZIMUTH Airline JSC aircrafts, should pay their attention to the following rules:
- when booking and registering flights by AZIMUTH Airline JSC, a passenger must inform about the intention to transport weapons as luggage;
- a passenger carrying a weapon(s) must appear for check-in no later than one and half hour before departure;
- when transporting weapons across the territory of the Russian Federation, a passenger shall have a proper permit for the right to store and bear weapons;
- when importing / exporting weapons to / from the territory of the Russian Federation and transporting through the territory of the Russian Federation, a passenger must have a permit for the import / export of weapons issued by a body authorized by the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- transfer passengers who are traveling inside the Russian Federation and have weapons at the transfer airport shall re-register them.
Foreign citizens in accordance with the Law on Weapons:
- import of sports and hunting weapons into the territory of the Russian Federation is allowed if there is an invitation from a legal entity that has a hunting license, a hunting contract with the said legal entity or an invitation to participate in sporting events and a corresponding permit from the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- it is prohibited to import into the territory of the Russian Federation and use on the territory of the Russian Federation of all types, and models of weapons with the purpose of ensuring personal safety, protecting the life and health of other citizens, their property, escort of goods and for other purposes not listed above, if it is not stipulated in separate international treaties of the Russian Federation.
Weapon simulators/mass-dimensional weapon mock-ups (pistols, revolvers, rifles, carbines, assault rifles, electric shock devices, etc.) shall not be transported in aircraft cabins. Transportation of weapon mock-ups is allowed only in the registered baggage.
Cartridges for gas weapons are prohibited for transportation by air transport.
Pneumatic devices with muzzle energy above 3 J are referred to civilian weapons (Article 3 of the Law 'On Arms') and are transported in the manner prescribed for other weapons. When transporting pneumatic weapons with muzzle energy of more than 7.5 J and caliber exceeding 4.5 mm, it is necessary to have permission for their carrying and storage (Article 13 of the Law 'On Arms').
Electric shock devices and spark gaps of domestic origin are referred to non-military weapons (Article 3 of the Law 'On Arms') and are transported in the manner prescribed for other weapons. When transporting electric shock devices it is necessary to have a document with technical characteristics for officers of the Ministry of Internal Affairs to check the compliance of output parameters of the device with the established state standards of the Russian Federation. The turnover of electric shock devices manufactured outside the Russian Federation is prohibited (Article 6 of the Law 'On Arms'), consequently, their transportation is also prohibited.
Long-barreled weapons, whose dimensions do not allow their placement in standard metal lockable boxes in disassembled condition, are transported in the passenger's package (special container, case, housing, cover) that meets the requirements of aviation security and weapons safety in the aircraft isolated baggage compartments.
In accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated 08.11.2014 No. 1178, citizens of the Russian Federation can transport weapons on the territory of the Russian Federation in an amount not exceeding 5 units and cartridges not exceeding 1,000 pieces on the basis of permits of the Internal Affairs bodies for storage, storage and carrying, storage and use, for import into the Russian Federation of the relevant types, and models of weapons or licenses for their acquisition, collecting or exhibiting weapons.
The weight of ammunition transported (cartridges) should not exceed 5 kg per flight.
Procedure for the actions of a passenger carrying a weapon at the airport of departure.
Acceptance of weapons for transportation, processing the relevant documents, delivery on board aircraft at the airport of departure and weapons issue at the airport of destination are performed by authorized officers of the Aviation Security Service of the airport.
When boarding (deplanement) passengers at landing grounds and airports (aerodromes), where there are no aviation security services, the acceptance of weapons for transportation, the execution of relevant documents, delivery on board aircraft and the issuance of weapons are carried out by an aircraft crew member, who is appointed by the aircraft commander as responsible for the safety and transportation of weapons.
Weapons of passengers entitled to its storage and carrying are mandatorily transferred to the authorized person for temporary storage for the period of the flight at the departure airport and issued to the owners upon the flight end at the destination airport.
The procedure for documents execution for the weapons shipping and their delivery on board aircraft:
- During the check-in, the passenger is required to notify the authorized person from the airport ASS (Air Security Service) staff who shall inform the internal affairs officer on transport that checks the passenger's documents for the right to store and carry the weapons, and, if necessary, appropriate authorization for its importation into the territory of the Russian Federation and export from the Russian Federation, and who performs thorough inspection of weapons, which fact is registered in the acts of weapons acceptance for the period of the aircraft flight. The weapon must be kept in a discharged state separately from ammunition.
- The certificate of acceptance of weapons for the period of the aircraft's flight is executed in 3 copies, which are signed by the authorized person and the weapon's owner.
- The first copy of the act is attached to the luggage statement of the passenger transportation service organization after signing by the crew member responsible for the safety and transportation of weapons, about taking the weapon on board aircraft and shall be stored in the said service for one year.
- The second copy of the act is given to the crew as an accompanying document. At the destination airport, the authorized person signs in it about the receipt of weapons from the crew member responsible for the safety and shipping of weapons. The second copy of the certificate is attached to the flight documentation.
- The third copy of the certificate is issued to the passenger at the departure airport. This copy is the basis for obtaining the weapon, handed over by the passenger for temporary storage for the period of the flight.
The procedure for issuing weapons to passengers at the destination airport.
- The aviation security service of the destination airport, upon receipt of a message from the departure airport and the information of the aircraft commander, on the presence of arms on board aircraft, organizes its meeting.
- Upon presentation of the third copy of the certificate by the passenger at the airport of departure and the document proving his identity, the document authorizing carrying and storing of weapons, and, if necessary, appropriate authorization for its importation into the territory of the Russian Federation and export from the Russian Federation, it is issued to an owner after signing in the third copy of the certificate.
- The third copy of the certificate is transferred by an authorized person to the aviation security service of the airport, where it is stored for one year.
The unclaimed weapon at the airport of destination is handed over by the authorized person to the internal affairs body.
- Rostov-on-Don - Ekaterinburgfrom 2180 rub
- Mineralnye Vody - Simferopolfrom 1180 rub
- Rostov on Don - Permfrom 3780 rub
- Sochi - Erevanfrom 25 €
- Rostov on Don - Kalugafrom 1580 rub
- Rostov on Don - Mineralnye Vodyfrom 1080 rub